Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New fingerless glove pattern

So I was pretty happy about the first pair of gloves, but I wanted something a bit more form-fitting. I found this pattern a week ago and tried it out, of course I ended up frogging my project. Then, after spending some time reading it and mentally working on the stitches in my mind, it all came together.


(Don't mind my threads, I haven't weaved them in yet.)

See how these have a place for your thumb to stay warm. They are slightly big on me as I am making these for a boy in a band. BUT I think they are better than the first pair, of course they take way longer.



Wow, that thumb section is huge. The more I look at it, the more I want to change it. But it may just be my vienna sausage fingers. They look miniscule. Maybe white is not the best color. I may try this in a darker color later this week. Too bad the weather is too warm to really enjoy gloves at the moment. Maybe in Feb?

No comments: