Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crazy weather this week

Yes, this past week has been great excitement for weather dorks in Austin. We had 2 days of crazy ass weather, even though we did not got hail on the day the northies did. I did wake up Friday morning to hail on my windows, but I was too sleepy to grab the camera. Plus I had to nurse Sue. She goes completely nuts during thunderstorms. She was under my robe for hours shaking.

Here are a few snaps I took of the downpour.







You may look at these pics and say it's only rain, but during this drought, anything gets me excited. 
Due to this fabulous rain, we made the decision to go to Lowe's on Sunday and buy the veggies for the garden. A few hours later, we are all done and it's looks great!





We had fantastic success with our tomatoes last year, so we planted 3 different varieties.








Matt got thirsty after we spread mulch.  (Sounds kinda naughty huh?  Spreading mulch?  Ok, maybe it's just me.)  Anyways, here's Matt in drinking-from-the-hose-mode.







Not to be outdone by Matt's attention whoring, Colotte had to do the damnest cutest shit like smell the flowers. 





We bought her a catnip plant and after I got it in the ground, she came running outside and sat on it 3 times.  I don't think it will last very long.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I'm jealous of your garden!!! It looks fantastic