Thursday, September 25, 2008

I DID IT!

10 days on the Master Cleanse. The best part about it was not cheating. It’s really hard to go all those days without chewing. Past cleanses I have sneaked a fingertip of peanut butter, or put something in my mouth, chew it and spit it out. This time I never came close to doing that. It’s amazing how much willpower one person has. I had it in my mind to not cheat and be completely honest with myself. Besides, cheating would only defeat me from looking good in my dress.

I lost about 10 lbs and that was nice. I feel fantastic, but a bit on the tired side. The next few days are actually the hardest for me. Once you are off the lemonade, you have to gradually introduce liquid, then solid food back into your system. It’s hard when you get a whiff of something delicious and you want to eat like normal. Believe me, I have had many experiences of coming off the cleanse the wrong way and have paid severely. So today is my orange juice day. OJ and water. Tomorrow is OJ, water and vegetable soup. You then progress from salads, nuts, fruits, etc. The book recommends you don’t introduce meat, dairy, fried foods into your system for about a week. No problem! I can’t make any promises during my honeymoon though.

So here I am. 9 days out. Finishing up those last minute things that drive me crazy. I am incredibly excited about Saturday. Matt bought me a half day at the Lake Austin Spa. So I will be spending a beautiful Saturday getting pampered. Mmmmmmm I love spas.

No comments: