Friday, November 26, 2010

Why hello there baby bump

I spent quite some time complaining to anyone listening that I was quite perturbed waiting to finally start showing. My sister has been showing for quite awhile, and me..not so much.

Then one day, maybe 2 weeks ago I awoke to a swelling in my stomach. Not your typically "I overindulged at Olive Garden food baby" but a real-life bump. It's been growing slowly and some days sticks out more than others, but yesterday I walked into my parents house and my mom ran straight for my belly and started rubbing it and couldn't believe I was showing. She pulled up my shirt and stared at it for a bit and smiled. Needless to say, I felt very proud....of what I do not really know, but housing a baby for 9 months does give you a chip on your shoulder. "Me woman! Me keep baby nice and warm in womb!"

So here I am - week 14 almost down.


Heading up to Houston today to see my sister. I can't wait to compare bellies. The only time in my life to be jealous that she is bigger than me. How times change.

No comments: