Monday, January 31, 2011

Our Nursery Beginnings

We spent this beautiful weekend working on the nursery. With the help of Jake, Matt tackled the job of painting the walls, and hanging the fan. The room was previously painted white, so the actual painting took no time at all, just your typical running out of paint, discovering the baseboards were done with oil-based and not latex paint and whatnot.

Jake creepin' in the closet.



I love this shade of turquoise! I knew it would look great behind the pink and white flowers.

Look at me! Busy as a bee, cutting out the tree decal flowers. That's all I was allowed to do. Let me tell you, it was a pain in the ass to cut out about a 100+ flowers and tree branches.


The actual creating the decal effect took most of Sunday afternoon, as I was somewhat surprised how time intensive it ended up being. But, being the perfectionist I am, spent more time on making sure the blowing effect was visible. Looks great, doesn't it?





I was somewhat hesitant working with the decals and our wall texture. But it ended up perfect, and you can barely see the slight bumps and grooves of the wall. The actual decals were sticky and adhered very well, but not too much so where you could not maneuver them a bit.


We purchased a relatively cheap and simple white fan, with the idea of painting the blades turquoise to match the room. The picture doesn't do it justice, but the blades in motion look fabulous. I hope it gives Vivienne hours of entertainment.


Matt putting up the new set of blinds.

The new carpet comes in next week and now all we need is the furniture, a few decor touches and we are good to go! I love being an anal planner. So if anything unexpected comes up, we are ready to physically have the baby. Mentally may be an issue :)

2 comments:

Dana said...

I LOVE that room and decorations!! Beautiful!

Liou Duvinini said...

Interesante...